According to Google research, there are about 1.6 to 1.9 billion websites on the internet. Yes, there might be some that are inactive, but with all these numbers and by the time you complete reading the article, a few thousand would get added to this count.
So, the question is how to get your website on the top in this vast sea of websites. There are many ways to get your website to the top, but SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) is one of the most effective and efficient ways to do just that.
SEO is a technique which helps in the improvement of unpaid results, has been ever-changing since its inception.
Here are some of the trends for the year:
1. Secure websites area must: Even though the security of the website does not impact SEO results significantly, but it enhances user experience. If a user doesn’t feel secure visiting a website, it is going to change the rating of the page because of the High bounce rate. HTTPS helps the site. According to Google, HTTPS “helps prevent intruders from tampering with the communications between your websites and your users’ browsers.”
Google wants to provide its users with a secure browsing experience, so those that implement HTTPS may experience a minor SEO boost.
2. Mobile devices UX will determine rankings: Since many users are now using their mobile devices more than their laptops or desktops, your website must be mobile-friendly. With the popularity of mobile devices, even going higher in 2020, a site that does not have a mobile version will lose many of its customers. So make sure your pages are optimized for mobile devices so that you keep up with your competitors and keep in mind that the higher you are in the Google mobile page index, the more prominent your page will be.
3. Content is the key: The most crucial aspect that impacts SEO ratings is content. The material on any website should be of very high quality so that it can engage prospects and clients. These can be in the form of blogs, podcasts, infographics, or video content.
Make sure the content is reliable, logical, readable, and easy to understand.
The length of a post should be at least 2000+ words as that gives the reader more time to be on your website, the more time users spend on a web page, the more likely Google will reward that page with more organic traffic.
4. Click-Through Rate and Dwell Time: With people spending more and more time on the internet, it is crucial to understand the importance that the more time people spend time on a particular page of your website, and the more they click on a page, it boosts the success of your SEO efforts. In 2020, search engines will place a higher value on dwell time.
5. Video as a source of information: With many people opting to watch videos more than reading a sizable essay or blog, it can create a significant effect on your SEO efforts. How does it affect the SEO, you may ask? Videos need to be optimized to reach the search users. With appropriate keywords and content that will not bore the viewer to sleep and a great headline, you are going to attract many people on your website. As mentioned earlier, the longer they are on your website, the more it boosts the SEO rating.
Irrespective of the industry, SEO is essential for every business. It not only includes creating keywords but also optimizing content for users.
If you are familiar with these trends, that’s great- but if you need help with implementing any of these strategies, feel free to contact us.