- Have a purpose behind your brand: What is it that you are going to achieve from owning your business and shaping it into a brand. Are you going to be solving a problem that no one has been able to answer before? Are you going to be making a new product that has not made previously? Are you on a mission to end a particular dilemma of the society? Whatever you are passionate about, go ahead with it, and create a clear message around your brand.
- Find your target audience: If served well, these will be the people who will eventually become your brand ambassadors. You helped them solve their biggest problem, and in turn, they will help you automate your marketing. Your audience should be people that you would love to work with and passionate about to help them achieve their dreams.
- Choose a business name: Picking a business name can be tricky sometimes, choose a name that tells what you do so that the message is clear. It is one of the first commitments that you will make. Research your competitors and see what they are using. Try a few names on this website https://businessnamegenerator.com/
- Decide your Logo: This is the step where you decide on your brand’s color and fonts to create a look to represent your company. The color scheme will determine the type of emotion that you would like to associate with your brand.
The next step should be typography, the use of the fonts. Do not use more than two fonts to confuse the customer with different typography styles. Use www.stylify.me to get ideas of fonts from your favorite website to see their visual style.
- Brand consistency: Generally, entrepreneurs fail to maintain the unity of their brand value, brand image, and brand logo. It only doesn’t mean that you should always have the same color in your logo. But your brand values should be the same. The perception you made in your customer’s mind should be the same. When we buy a product from Apple, we know one thing for sure that it will be o high quality. That’s the brand image they have created in our minds, and they have maintained it too.
I hope all business owners can understand the need to create, build, and maintain a brand that lasts through all times.